Let's keep them safe!
The Good Egg Guide to in-car child road safety
The Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Road Safety Partnership held Child Safety Clinics across the county during the autumn to give advice and check the security and safety of car seats fitted to a vehicle. It was a good turn out and people who took part in clinics were pleased to gain professional and practical advice whilst getting their child car seats fitted correctly by an expert.
Results of the clinics:
- 162car seats that were checked :
- 83 were correctly fitted (51%)
- 79 were incorrectly fitted (49%)
- 55 seats had minor faults,
- 19 seats had major faults
- 8 seats were incompatible.
The Good Egg Guide leaflet
The Good Egg Guide is an excellent tool for parents and carers, designed to ensure that all children are restrained correctly when travelling in a vehicle. It offers good sound practical advice about buying, choosing and fitting the right car seat.
- See the Good Egg Guide on the road safety website or
- Fill in the online form and a paper copy will be sent to you.
We want to reduce the number of child casualties caused in road traffic collisions and you can help us achieve just that. The New Law for children over 3 and up to 1.35 metres in height (or under the age of 12 years) means that correct child restraint must be used at all times.
Page Last Updated: 12 November 2012