The service allows you to pay certain invoice types on-line by entering your debit card or credit card details and also the upfront payment for some services.
All transactions will be processed in pounds Sterling.
You can pay by Mastercard, Visa, Visa Purchasing, JCB Credit, Visa Delta, Maestro or Solo.
Currently, the invoices that can be paid by this means are as follows:
- School Transport
- Social Care Services
- Local Search Enquiries
- Music Lessons and Membership Fees for Ensembles and Dance Groups
- Parking Penalty Charge Notice - Please note: This is a slightly different payment process
- Trading Standards Verification and Testing Fees
In the future it is hoped that the service will be expanded to include payment for other invoice types and for the on-line purchasing of certain goods and services.
Some services have a system of upfront payments (payment prior to receiving the service) in these cases an online payment may be accepted as part of the ordering or booking process.
If you have any suggestions for County Council invoices that you would like to pay on-line then please use the invoice feedback.
Details of how the service is used are given below, but please note that you do not need to remember all of these steps now - clear instructions are provided on-screen at each stage of the process.
To use the service, you will need to refer to your latest unpaid hard-copy invoice. If you have more than one unpaid invoice, you can use any one of them.
- Click on the link to proceed to the Invoice Enquiry page.
- Enter the 3 codes printed at the top right corner of your hard-copy invoice. These 3 codes together provide a unique identifier that we will use to validate who you are and to look up your unpaid invoices.
- Press the submit button. Click 'OK' on receipt of the 'Thank You' message. After a few seconds, a screen will be displayed, listing any unpaid invoices that you may have.
- Select which invoice(s) you wish to pay, by clicking in the checkboxes provided. If you have several invoices listed, you can pay up to eight invoices as part of the same transaction if you wish.
- Press submit. You will be presented with a new screen showing the total amount you have selected to pay.
- Press submit. The secure card details entry screen is displayed. Enter your card details and press submit to send them for authorisation.
- Following on-line authorisation, a screen will be displayed indicating whether the authorisation has been successful or not. If you entered an email address, you will also receive an electronic receipt for your payment.
Note: You can quit out of the process at any stage prior to pressing the final submit button after entering your card details.
You should allow at least one full working day after making your payment for our records to be updated. Once your payment has been credited to our system, your invoice will no longer appear on the list of unpaid invoices retrieved when you use the Invoice Enquiry page.
A secure server is used at every step of the process, from the initial Invoice Enquiry screen, through to the collection and authorisation of your card details. This means that the transaction is encrypted between your machine and the server, and this is signified by the padlock symbol displayed in the bottom right of your browser window. A third party specialist Payment Solution Provider called Bucks.Net are being used to collect your card details. Bucks.Net appear on the National Westminster Bank's list of approved Payment Solution Providers.
You will be invited to enter your email address, so that we can send an electronic confirmation of receipt of your payment.
If you do not have an email address you will not receive a receipt, but a confirmation page including your transaction number will always be displayed on-screen after the authorisation has taken place. You may wish to print off this page, or note down the transaction number.
If your payment is not authorised this means that it has been refused by the bank. Leicestershire County Council will not know the reason for this, so you will need to contact your card issuer if you require more information.
A screen will be displayed with details of how to contact Leicestershire County Council, to discuss alternative methods of payment.
If you have been paying invoices by Direct Debit or some other method then you must cancel your other payments before paying on-line.
If you have any questions or comments about the use of the payments service please contact us:
- 0116 305 3772
Page Last Updated: 13 May 2013