Carers Strategy 2012 -2015
Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Council’s along with Local NHS Cluster Groups have worked together to develop a 3 year joint strategy for carers for 2012 – 2015.
The purpose of the strategy is to ensure that carers of all ages are supported in their caring role in every area of life and that their contribution is clearly recognised.
The strategy focuses on the following areas:
- Early Identification and Recognition of carers
- Realising and releasing carers potential
- Supporting a life outside the caring role
- Supporting carers to stay healthy and well
- High Quality Information & Advice – especially at the beginning of the caring role
- Ensuring marginalised groups have fair access to support
Two separate action plans have been written for Leicester City and Leicestershire & Rutland. They include for example the expansion of short breaks for both adults and young carers and improved information for carers.
Page Last Updated: 18 June 2012