How Much do People Have to Pay
If someone is not automatically exempt (see links below for exemptions) from paying a charge, the amount they have to pay depends on two things:
- What services, and how many services, they receive
- How much they can afford to pay
The Council therefore does two calculations:
- A calculation of the maximum that anyone is ever asked to contribute for the services they receive - for details of how this is worked out see maximum charges for services at home and in the community
- A calculation of the maximum that each person can afford to contribute – for details of how this is worked out see charges for services at home and in the community - savings/capital
What someone actually pays is the lower of the two.
The way the calculations are done is slightly different depending on whether the person has a Personal Budget from the Council.
- Examples of how the Council works out how much someone pays – if they have a Personal Budget
- Examples of how the Council works out how much someone pays – if they do not have a Personal Budget
Page Last Updated: 13 May 2013