The Chairman of the Scrutiny Commission
The Chairman of the Scrutiny Commission is Simon Galton CC. He is the Leader of the main opposition Group – the Liberal Democrats. It is his responsibility to Chair meetings of the Scrutiny Commission effectively.
The Scrutiny Commission is the main Overview and Scrutiny body and has the following scope:
1. Dealing with any functions which are not specifically within the scope of any other Overview and Scrutiny Committee.
2. Dealing with any issues which come within the scope of more than one Overview and Scrutiny Committee.
3. Oversight and co-ordination of the work of the Overview and Scrutiny Committees.
4. Allocating specific issues, on an ad hoc basis, to any of the other Overview and Scrutiny Committees.
5. Resolving any disagreements between Overview and Scrutiny Committees.
6. The executive functions of the County Council in respect of:-
(a) The Revenue Budget.
(b) The Capital Programme.
(d) Information and Communications Technology.
7. To act as the Crime and Disorder Committee in accordance with Section 19 of Part 3 of the Police and Justice Act 2006.
8. The scope shall not extend to exercising functions relating to scrutiny of the National Health Service in the County, which shall be a matter for the designated scrutiny committee.
Page Last Updated: 6 February 2012