Skip to main content


If you feel that we’ve done something wrong or you’ve not received the standard of service you expect, you can complain to us.

We provide a wide range of services, and always strive to make sure that they are both high quality and value for money.

We’re keen to hear your comments, both positive and negative, to ensure our services are working as well as possible for you.

Making a complaint

If the issue you are reporting is related to a problem with a road, pavement or street light and you’ve not reported it before, please use our online highways reporting form

Most problems can be resolved by talking through the issue with either the person you’ve been dealing with or their line manager.

However if you’d like to make a complaint, fill in our online complaints form.

You can also read the corporate policy to find out how the council handles complaints:

Corporate complaints policy   Opens new window

Conduct of Councillors

Complaints about councillors are dealt with by our Monitoring Officer.

The Monitoring Officer determines whether or not the complaint can be resolved informally. If it cannot be dealt with informally, it could then be referred to the Member Conduct Panel.

If you would like to make a complaint please check the guidance and online councillor complaint form.


We don’t have any role in school complaints; you should contact your child’s school directly.

For more information on making a complaint to a school, see Complain about a school.

Complain about poor standards of care

If you’re unhappy with the standard of care you or someone else is getting, we have a specific process for you to complain about poor standards of care.

Information requests

If you’re unhappy with how we’ve dealt with your information request, you can complain and ask us to review our decisions through our internal review process.

Local Government Ombudsman

If after raising your complaint you are not satisfied with the outcome you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman to look into it.

The Ombudsman will usually need you to have gone through the council’s own complaints process before they can consider your complaint.

BSL video: Making a complaint to the Council

British Sign Language video telling you what to do if you want to make a complaint about council services (duration 2:21).

Making a complaint to the Council in British Sign Language

Help us improve this page Hide content
Top of page