Skip to main content

Housing for learning and physically disabled people

There are many different types of housing for a young person or adult with special educational needs, mental ill health or a disability (SEND). You can have continuous care, live in someone else's home or get help to live on your own or with friends.

Residential care

You can live in a residential care home

  • A residential care home is a comfortable place to live.
  • Your bedroom belongs to you. You can choose what you want in your room.
  • You’ll be given time to yourself and will be treated fairly and with respect.
  • Staff are there all day and all night to give you help and support with emotional, physical and social needs.
  • The staff will support you to do as many things as you can for yourself and help you to become more independent.

Apply to live in residential care

  • You can ask your social worker or a friend to apply for you. You can contact your social worker directly or call your local office.
  • You can apply by yourself or ask someone to speak for you
  • Telephone 0116 305 0004

Also see

Help us improve this page Hide content
Top of page