Skip to main content


Trading Standards information for consumers.

Consumer advice

Not what you're looking for? see our information for businesses or report a trading standards issue.

We work in partnership with Citizen’s Advice Consumer Service (who provide free, impartial advice to consumers). If you can't find what you're looking for below, please contact Citizens Advice or view their website where you'll find lots of information such as template letters and guidance to help with your civil dispute.

Please note: Trading Standards deal with criminal offences, which you can report using our online reporting form. If you require civil advice or assistance with getting your money back, you should contact Citizens Advice Consumer Service.

Top of page