Skip to main content

Get help with your child's progress

If your child isn’t progressing as well as they should, is having difficulty at nursery, school or college, or has a disability, they can get extra help.

If your child has a Statement or Learning Disability Assessment (LDA)

Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans and Special Educational Needs (SEND) Support Plans are replacing Statements of Special Educational Need and Learning Disability Assessments (LDA). 

You don’t need to do anything – we or the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) at your child’s school or nursery will contact you.

Statement of Special Educational Need

If your child has a Statement of Special Educational Need, they’ll move to a SEND Plan or EHC Plan by March 2018. 

Learning Disability Assessment (LDA)

If your child has a LDA, they’ll move to a SEND plan or EHC Plan by September 2016.

Also see

Top of page