Traineeships are Pre-Apprenticeships for young people aged 16 to 24 who are struggling to get a job or an apprenticeship but consider that they are work ready.
This classroom based programme offers the skills and experience you'll need when next applying for a job.
The Traineeship programme includes:-
- a 100 hour placement with a local employer in your local area, which may continue for up to 6 months
- functional skills - English and maths qualifications if you don't have GCSE grade A–C or equivalent
- employability Skills –CV writing, completing applications, interview skills, job searching.
This programme will prepare you for your future career by helping you to develop your work readiness and have the confidence to take the first steps into a career.
A Traineeship can also be a stepping stone into an apprenticeship.
Who can do a traineeship
You can do a traineeship if you’re:
- unemployed or working less than 16 hours per week
- have little or no work experience but are motivated to work
- 16 to 24 years old and your qualifications are below Level 3 (for example A’ levels)
- 16 to 25 and you have a learning disability
At the end of your traineeship
At the end of the programme the employer will offer you a reference which may support future job applications.
Leicestershire County Council traineeships
Traineeships at Leicestershire County Council are run by our Adult Learning Service.
A traineeship lasts for up to 6 months.
You may be offered an apprenticeship at the end of your traineeship.
Apply for a traineeship
Telephone us on 0800 988 0308 and ask for more information or
Do you run a business in Leicestershire and want to support the young people in your community?
Could you offer a high quality 100 hour work placement to a young person (or a number of young people) aged 16 – 24 to help them get experience, and provide them with a reference when they complete?
If so then please call us on 0116 305 2434 to speak to the Work based Learning Manager, Dawn Page or email apprenticeshipsLALS@leics.gov.uk.