Hamilton Court Residential Home in Coalville, The Trees Residential Home (Ashwood and Beechwood) in Hinckley and Smith Crescent Short Breaks Service in Coalville were all built some time ago. The services are dated in terms of their facilities, and their layouts are not particularly accessible for people with physical disabilities. This has had an impact the numbers of people able to make use of the services, which is reducing, and presents challenges to delivering sustainable services in the longer term. There have been no new referrals to the long term residential services at Hamilton court and the Trees since October 2013
Hamilton Court, The Trees (Ashwood and Beechwood) Residential Care Homes and Smith Crescent Short Breaks Service would require considerable immediate work to improve accessibility, modernise and repair the building.
The council is proposing to:
- Support the 11 residents to access suitable alternative accommodation/services and close Hamilton Court in Coalville and The Trees (Ashwood and Beechwood) in Hinckley.
- Close the 6-bedded short breaks service at Smith Crescent in Coalville and support the individuals accessing the service to make use of short breaks facilities elsewhere in the county.
- Expand short break facilities at The Trees in Hinckley through the closure, reconfiguration and refurbishment of The Trees (Ashwood and Beechwood)
The implementation of these proposals would enable the council to meet the changing needs of people who require social care services and save the council around £100,000 per year.
The consultation ran from 19 February - 15 April
- Read the information document
- You can download easy read versions of the document below
- Paper copies are available by calling 0116 305 5060