About the scheme
Please note that Warm Homes Fund has now closed to new applications for first time central heating.
If your home doesn't have central heating installed and you meet our eligibility criteria, you could get fully funded central heating set up in your home and assistance to obtain a fully funded gas connection if your property doesn't already have one.
The £150m Warm Homes Fund has been established by National Grid to support local authorities to address some of the issues affecting fuel poor households. Other funding for the initiative has been provided by project and public sector partners.
To deliver this initiative we're working in partnership with, E.ON, Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland and local district and borough councils across Leicestershire.
If you have any questions about the scheme, you can visit our Further information page.
You can also enquire about the scheme team by calling:
E.ON on 0333 202 4481
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
What you can benefit from
- New fully funded gas central heating system in your home. Switching to gas central heating can save your household up to £350 each year off your annual fuel bill. Your new central heating system will include an A rated boiler, thermostatic radiator valves to better control your heat for each room, as well as a programmer to help you keep your home at a comfortable temperature without wasting fuel or heat.
- A free gas connection if you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Additional improvements could be made to your home, such as having cavity wall and loft insulation fitted, which could save you up to £255 a year.
- Check if you're entitled to any benefits or offers such as the £140 Warm Home Discount off your energy bill.
- Advice on finding a better tariff for your energy bills.
- Grants to help repair or replace broken heating. If you already have a central heating boiler we will help to identify alternate funding schemes as Warm Homes Fund cannot be used for this.
- Temporary portable heaters
- Sign up for priority support in the event of a power-cut
- Added health benefits from having gas central heating fitted such as a reduction in damp and mould growth.
Advice and information
The following partners will provide advice and support as part of the fund:
Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland provide advice and support on income maximisation, benefit checks and home energy advice to residents of all ages participating in the fund.
Telephone: 0116 261 4604 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Age UK also have a wider offer of support to adults and carers.
Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland is an independent local charity with a national name working in the local community to help older people live happier, active, fulfilled and socially-engaged lives in communities around the city, county and Rutland.
First Contact Plus helps adults in Leicestershire who require help with one or a number of issues to access information, advice, help and support all in one place.
You can find information and resources on housing, health, living independently, money advice, work, security and other topics on First Contact Plus website.
First Contact Plus is delivered by Leicestershire County Council in partnership with GPs, the police, health organisations, voluntary groups and social care departments, district & borough councils.
Warm Homes provides residents across Leicestershire with advice and support to maintain a warm home and affordable energy bills. The team is based within the Public Health department of Leicestershire County Council and will support applicants that may qualify via local authority flexible eligibility.
The Energy Saving Trust is an independent and impartial organisation providing advice to residents, businesses and delivers programmes for governments promoting energy efficiency.
Dates we are in your area
The Leicestershire Warm Homes Fund will work across the county to deliver support. We will include the dates we are working in your area below, when we know them.
Please check back for updates.
|North West Leicestershire||TBC|
|Hinckley & Bosworth||TBC|
|Oadby & Wigston||TBC|
Even if we are not in your area right now, make sure you register your interest now so we can get work booked into the diary.
If you register after we have been in your area, we may not be able to help you.
Register your interest
Telephone: E.ON on 0333 202 4481
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).