Market Bosworth Country Park
This 35-hectare park was once part of the Bosworth Hall estate, and still retains its distinct parkland features. Here, there are magnificent, mature trees, a lake, a planted arboretum with exotic species, a wildflower meadow and a community woodland.
A network of paths leads the visitor through the parkland to the lake, the arboretum, and the play area.
For the more adventurous, the park is ideally located as a starting base to explore the wider countryside. Routes for both walkers and cyclists continue towards Bosworth Battlefield and beyond.
Children's play area now open!
After extensive refurbishment works this spring, the play area has now been re-opened. The climbing frames, slide and swings are suitable for toddlers to 12 year olds. This is part of a suite of developments taking place at Market Bosworth Country Park which also include new surfaced tracks, interpretation boards and enhancements to the arboretum. The newly refurbished play area is sponsored by local company JJ Churchill Ltd.
New visitor guide for Market Bosworth Country Park
A brand new guide is now available for Market Bosworth Country Park. Pick up your copy now from selected Leicestershire libraries, museums, TICs, hotels and visitor attractions, or download your copy now here [pdf 3mb].
- The car park uses an automated pay on entry access system
- Car parking charge is £2.50 per car. The machine only accept coins (not 5 pence pieces), but does not give change or issues tickets.
- Eastern edge of Market Bosworth town, The Park, CV13 0LP
- Car Park Season Ticket Information
- Bus Routes: Arriva 153 (Mon-Sun), Roberts 159 (Mon-Sat). Contact Traveline for further information
What to See and Do
- Feed the ducks and waterfowl at the Bow Pool
- Enjoy the many exotic trees in the arboretum
- Picnic in the shade of a mature oak tree
- Children can enjoy playing in the children's playground
- Explore the network of surfaced paths that lead to the wider countryside
- Find the sixty newly planted trees to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee
The car park has an automatic exit gate that will allow cars to leave the car park at any time. However, we do not allow overnight parking.
|7am - 4pm||7am - 5pm||7am - 6pm||7am - 7pm||7am - 8pm||7am - 7pm||7am - 6pm||7am - 5pm||7am - 4pm|
There are 3 different volunteer groups that work with the rangers in the Western Team: The Monday Group, the Thursday Group and the Lount & Coleorton Group
Market Bosworth Country Park is home to an interesting variety of fauna and flora. View the Wildlife at Market Bosworth page for more details.
Day fishing is permitted in the Bow Pool. See the Country Parks Fishery page for more information and prices.
Tel: 0116 305 5000 (8.30am - 5pm Mon - Thu, 8.30am - 4.30pm Fri). Outside of these times, emergencies only please.
Email: email@example.com Emails are checked during the week. You will not receive a response to your email at weekends or bank holidays.
Other Local Sites
The site is near to Bosworth Battlefield Visitor Centre and Country Park.
Page Last Updated: 18 June 2014