Skip to main content

Pensions queries and complaints

If you are not satisfied with any decision given by either the Pension Section or your employer/ former employer, relating to your Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) benefits, you may appeal in writing under the Internal Disputes Resolution Procedure (IDRP). You must write within 6 months of receiving the decision. 

Any points of difference should firstly be addressed with the Pensions Office on an informal basis. You can write to:

The Leicestershire County Council Pension Section, County Hall, Glenfield, Leicester, LE3 8RB

Or, contact the Pensions Officer who has dealt with your case. Their name and contact details will be on your correspondence.

We will then try to resolve the matter for you. Should you still be unhappy and wish to take the matter further you can request an information sheet and form to complete. This will contain the name and address of the ‘Specified Person’ nominated by your employer or former employer who would formally investigate your complaint.

A copy of the form is available below, however you will probably need to contact the Pension Section to ask for the name of the Specified Person. Please call 0116 305 7663.

Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure    Opens new window

Following this, if you are still dissatisfied with their decision, a ‘second stage’ of complaint can be requested, which will be looked at by the Legal Services team at Leicestershire County Council in most cases.

Should you be dissatisfied with the outcome of this, further details of the next stages of complaint would be provided at the time, should this be necessary.

Top of page