If your business would like to take part in our corporate volunteer days, please visit the Leicestershire Country Parks website for more information.
Volunteering with country parks
The country parks include many different habitats, each requiring careful management at various times of the year.
Our country park rangers plan and organise this management programme which includes activities such as:
- coppicing and woodland management
- looking after wildflower meadows
- surveying wildlife and wetland management
This work is supported by teams of country park volunteers who play an important role in managing our parks and supporting the country park rangers.
Benefits of volunteering
Our country park volunteers get fresh air and exercise, at the same time as helping to improve the local environment and making new friends.
You'll learn new skills and gain knowledge about Leicestershire's plants and wildlife.
Become a volunteer
All you need is some clothing you don't mind getting dirty, gloves and appropriate footwear - and to be ready for the weather. You will receive training, tools and any specialist equipment.
Take the next step and get in touch to find out when our next conservation day is being held.
Regular Volunteer Groups
- Donisthorpe Conservation Volunteer Group
- Bosworth Park Conservation Volunteer Group
- Coleorton & New Lount Conservation Volunteer Group
- Watermead Conservation Volunteer Group
- Beacon Hill Conservation Volunteer Group