Our aim is to support our businesses and communities by robustly tackling unfair trading practices. We have an intelligence-led approach embedded in all areas of our work.
- be flexible and enthusiastic team players, have a good track record of regulatory or fraud-related investigatory practice. You should be a proactive investigator with a comprehensive and confident working knowledge of Criminal Procedure and Investigation Act (CPIA), Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA) framework.
- hold a trading standards, regulatory compliance or law-related qualification commensurate with the purpose and main responsibilities of the position and demonstrate continuous professional development in an enforcement/regulatory discipline
- have experience of supervision and mentoring, projecting enthusiasm to ensure staff are highly motivated to drive the service forward. Excellent communication skills and able to work on your own initiative is essential.
Benefits of working for us
Candidates will receive in return:
- Competitive salary of £32,979 - £35,607
- Training opportunities for personal and professional development
- Flexible working (including working remotely)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- This post qualifies for a retention payment; 10% of salary will be paid subject to 2 years satisfactory performance