Our aim is to work with communities and partners to deliver public services that make Leicestershire the best possible place to live and work for everyone. Our employees play a key role in supporting this goal and helping us deliver the vital services we provide to the people of Leicestershire.
Our values describe how we work rather than what we do. Our values are:
- Trust and respect
- Openness and transparency
Benefits of working for us
As an employee you will benefit from:
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to a car sharing scheme
- Access to a cycle to work scheme and lease car scheme (subject to qualifying conditions)
- Training and career development opportunities
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- Access to a range of local and national discounts on shopping, eating out, bus travel, health clubs and much more
- Relocation expenses (subject to qualifying conditions).
Positive work life balance
We are accredited as a Timewise Council by the Timewise Foundation. This status means that we are committed to embedding and promoting the use of flexible working and ensuring that it plays a key part in how we recruit and manage our employees.
Our aim is therefore to support the use of smarter and innovative working arrangements which still meet the delivery of effective customer-focussed services and the needs of the people of Leicestershire. Enabling our employees to work smarter is essential to the successful transformation of the organisation and contributes to the Council’s performance.
To support our employees to achieve a positive balance between their work and home commitments, we offer the following:
- Generous annual leave entitlements (between 24 and 35 days per year depending on your grade and length of service)
- Smarter working arrangements including working compressed hours, term-time only, job share, part-time, and home working
- A range of family friendly policies including maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- A child care voucher scheme
- The opportunity to join our workers groups (Disabled Workers Group, Black Workers Group, LGBT+ Staff Network, Working Carers Group)
- A career break scheme (subject to qualifying conditions)
- Special leave provisions for employees with caring responsibilities.