The past year has been an incredibly tough time for everyone – and life as we know it has changed immeasurably. We have lost loved ones, jobs, many of the things we took for granted. Life is still stressful and uncertain. For some of us, it has also been a time of discovery as we have had to find new ways of keeping happy, new ways of staying in touch with friends and family and had time to try something new.
We would like you to share those stories of the pandemic with us here at Leicestershire County Council and be a part of the historical record of this unique period, for future generations. We want to hear about your experiences of the past year and how it has been for you - of the downs as well as the ups, of the things that have made you laugh and the things that made you cry. So much is different, and still changing, and we want to know what this has looked and felt like for you. Tell us your Covid story.
You might like to tell us about
- What has changed the most for you - for the better or for the worst
- What you have discovered about yourself and your community over the last year
- What you are looking forward to most about life after the pandemic
Share your story with us
You can share your story with us by:
- recording and sharing a two-minute video clip
- recording and sharing an audio clip
- sending us some photographs
- writing your story in an email or letter
- tagging us in a post on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram
Here’s an example of the sort of things your video might have in it:
- send your video, audio, text or photos to us via WhatsApp at 07526 929 464
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- post your letter to: Conversations about Covid, c/o Suraj Kataria, Leicestershire County Council, CEX, Room 300B, County Hall, Glenfield, Leicester LE3 8RA
What we'll do with your stories
We would like to share all the stories we receive – in whatever format – with our residents via our website, along with records of discussions we are running with groups around the County about their experience of Covid. We will always ask for permission before anything is shared publicly. The stories will be collected on our website and also stored in the Record Office for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland as a permanent archive of this historic time. We hope to keep collecting stories and talking to people about their experience over the next six months so that we can really understand how the pandemic has affected Leicestershire residents and businesses.
If you would like to be involved in some of the discussion groups we are running, or if you would like to be part of future conversations, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
Stories you’ve shared
You can see and read stories that other people have shared with us by visiting Conversations about Covid - Culture Leicestershire.
This project builds on other similar work by officers of the council and local people including:
- #CV19IsolatedbutInspire - Culture Leicestershire
- Collecing the Crisis - Record Office
- Textiles in Lockdown - Ruth Singer