eMagazines and eNewspapers
Access over 7000 digital magazines and newspaper titles free from Leicestershire Libraries using RBdigital and PressReader.
- Download titles to read offline using the RBdigital and PressReader apps, or read titles online using the RBdigital and PressReader websites.
- Enhanced digital replicas of your favourite newspapers and magazines that look just like the printed version
- Read past issues of magazine and newspaper titles
- Downloaded titles for as long as you like
RBdigital provides access to a collection of specially selected eMagazine titles including Radio Times, New Scientist and HELLO! Magazine.
PressReader provides access to over 7000 UK and international eNewspaper and eMagazine titles and offers special features including audio narration and instant translation in up to 18 different languages for many articles.
How to use RBdigital eMagazines
RBdigital eMagazines on a smartphone or tablet
You can browse, download and read eMagazines at any time from any location using the free app.
Downloaded eMagazine titles can be read offline without an internet connection and stay on your device until you choose to delete them.
If using the service for the first time you must create an RBdigital account.
- Download the Rbdigital app and select Register Now
- Choose your country
- Select Leicestershire County Council
- Enter the requested library card details and create a memorable username and password
RBdigital eMagazines on a PC or Mac
Browse and check-out eMagazine titles - once checked out it can be read online in your web browser.
eMagazine titles you have checked out do not expire and can be read at any time.
- If using the service for the first time you must create an RBdigital account using your library card number and PIN
- Sign in to the website using your RBdigital username and password
How to use PressReader eNewspapers and eMagazines
PressReader on a smartphone or tablet
You can browse and download titles free of charge at any time from any location using the free app.
Once a title has been downloaded to the app it is available to read offline until it is deleted.
- Open the PressReader app and select 'sign in' from the main menu.
- Select the library card icon from the 'sign in with' options; click the 'select Library' list, enter 'Leicestershire' in the search box and select 'Library – Leicestershire' from the results list. Enter your library card number and PIN and select 'sign in'.
You will stay signed into the app for 30 days after which time you will be prompted to sign in again using your library card number and PIN.
You can personalise your PressReader account to create collections and keep track of your favourite titles.
You can also access the PressReader app by visiting any Leicestershire Library and logging your device into the LCCPublic Wi-fi, where you will have automatic free access to the PressReader app to download titles to your device.
PressReader on a PC or Mac
- Visit the PressReader website select 'Sign In' and click the ‘Library and Group’ button. Enter 'Leicestershire' as your library service and enter your library card number and PIN.
- Once logged in you can personalise your account and read publications online for free in your web browser. Please note it is not possible to download titles from the PressReader website to read offline.