Hundreds of part-time day, evening and weekend courses are now open for enrolment from GoLearn, Leicestershire County Council’s Adult Learning Service. Plus, anyone who enrols before 31 August will benefit from an early bird discount and get 10 per cent off their course tuition fee.
Courses on offer, range from one-off two-hour sessions to 15-week courses and full 30-week programmes for a variety of subjects including art, cooking, languages, confidence building, courses for adults with learning difficulties and/or disabilities and computing.
Free courses are available for people seeking work and looking to gain basic skills, including planning first steps towards employment, increasing confidence, help with job search, CV writing and interview skills.
There are also courses aimed at giving learners the tools to progress, including workshops on how to access Universal Credit, traditional English and maths GCSE, functional skills, first aid and food safety in catering qualifications and many others.
“The courses available through Leicestershire Adult Learning Service can make a real difference to people’s lives. There are courses designed to help learners get back into the job market, improve their maths and English, support their children’s learning and improve their health and wellbeing.
"The 10 per cent early bird discount on course fees is a great opportunity to try something different and learn a new skill. I would encourage people to look at the courses on offer and enrol before the deadline of 31 August.”Person:Councillor Richard Blunt, cabinet member for heritage, leisure and art
People in receipt of certain benefits or on a low income can get a 70 per cent discount on adult education courses, or may be entitled to attend for free.
Anyone who would like to learn a new skill, improve their job prospects or develop a new interest is urged to visit www.leicestershire.gov.uk/golearn to find out more about the wide range of courses on offer including:
- Employability and Digital Skills courses
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Learning for Confidence and Better Mental Health courses
- Courses for adults with learning disabilities and difficulties
- Free English and maths courses for adults (terms and conditions apply)
- Languages and BSL (British Sign Language) courses available from beginner to advanced level
- Computer courses for both beginners and those looking to learn advanced skills
- Traineeships and Apprenticeships programmes are available for learners over 16
- A wide range of courses for relaxation and wellbeing, including arts, crafts and fitness
Search and enrol online or call the Leicestershire Adult Learning Service on 0800 988 0308 (lines open Monday – Friday 9am-7pm). Lines will also be open on Saturday 6 and 20 July 3 and 31 August from 10am to 12noon.