• Information about the types of waste accepted at each site, as well as links to the booking system, are available at www.leicestershire.gov.uk/waste
• Anstey Frith House at County Hall HQ in Glenfield has now re-opened alongside the registration office.
• However, due to the localised lockdown, there won’t be any birth registrations at Bassett Street, Wigston until restrictions ease.
• Appointments for births are still being offered at Loughborough, Coalville, Hinckley, Melton Mowbray and Market Harborough
• People wanting to book an appointment should complete an online form at www.leicestershire.gov.uk/registrars/birth-registration/register-a-birth and the council will respond as soon as it can
• Glenfield and Birstall libraries are now offering a ‘click and collect’ service which has been running at other libraries since 6th July, with Blaby library launching its service from 13th July following a refurbishment.
• Visit www.leicestershire.gov.uk/click-and-collect to find out more and request up to 10 specially selected books and audio-books.
• Nearly 800 youngsters across Leicestershire - well above the national average - have so far been rising to the Summer Reading Challenge set by the Reading Agency.
• Children can still sign up for the challenge at any time throughout the summer at www.sillysquad.org.uk
Beacon Hill café
• Visitors to Beacon Hill Café can now experience table service, as well as taking away food and drink, during their stay at the popular Leicestershire beauty spot.
• In line with the current restrictions, there are limited tables available due to social distancing requirements, and customer details will be taken to comply with track and trace requirements.
• Customers will also be requested to wear a face covering if they are purchasing takeaway food.
• For more details, visit https://www.facebook.com/beaconhillcafe/
Roads and transport
• A range of temporary and permanent schemes are also being introduced to encourage more people to walk and cycle rather than taking public transport or using a motor vehicle
• Details on the schemes – which include pop-up cycle lanes as well as extending and widening existing lanes