Residents and organisations still have time to have their say on a new approach to reducing alcohol and drugs misuse in Leicestershire.
We are seeking views on a proposed new Substance Misuse strategy, which will see us working with partners to improve the wellbeing of the county’s population.
Residents are being asked to share their views, which will shape key priorities to help reduce the harm caused by substance abuse. The strategy can be found by visiting: www.leicestershire.gov.uk/substance-misuse-strategy
The key priorities include:
- Raising awareness of the harms of drug and alcohol misuse;
- Developing a coordinated approach to identify individuals exposed to the effects of drug and/or alcohol misuse;
- Developing a suitable approach to the provision of drug and alcohol treatment and recovery services;
- Reducing the number of those who become ill as a result of substance misuse;
- Ensuring a stronger partnership approach is taken to respond to issues relating to substance misuse.
We understand the county’s current and future substance misuse needs and that is why the new strategy has been drafted.
“We are committed to reducing the harms caused by alcohol and drug misuse, and we believe the strategy will improve the wellbeing of people living in Leicestershire.
“We want to hear your views. The consultation closes on 1 September and I’d encourage you to have your say.Person:Councillor Lee Breckon, cabinet member for health and wellbeing
Feedback can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org