Action at SLT is our See, Learn and Transform programme delivered by the The Sustainable Land Trust. We offer a unique range of services using the natural landscape around us to improve health, wellbeing, skills, and education.
We are experienced in working with SEND adults and young people (from the age of 14) to help them achieve their goals and gain qualifications if they wish. Our field study centre is located in a beautiful landscape which helps reduce mental and physical health issues as well as improving social skills.
Our service helps people to make friends, overcome challenges, work positively, and improve their confidence to try new things by learning and experiencing nature through
- wildlife and environmental monitoring
- practical habitat or estate management
- creating natural crafts
- gardening and construction
- running small enterprises (foods, fuel and crafts).
Our environment can be of particular benefit to those with Autism or Aspergers. Some of our clients choose to go into employment or further education and some stay with us. We work with our clients and their advocates to plan a transition programme that will allow people to get the most out of their time with us.
- Referral process
- We accept referrals from Adult Social Care and Health providing there is an agreed package of care in place. We also accept clients funding their own care.
- Day care and day services, Education, learning and employment, Health and wellbeing, Leisure and recreation