Avon Park School is a co-educational, specialist day school, providing high quality education for pupils between the ages of 5 and 16. The school meets the needs of a diverse group of pupils who have a range of complex educational needs, communication difficulties and challenging behaviours.
Based in Warwickshire, the school’s ethos is one of high aspiration and achievement for every pupil. This is underpinned by Avon Park’s ‘team around the child’ approach, unique in-school therapy solutions and inspiring school environment.
We are committed to providing our pupils with a caring, positive and welcoming learning environment for them to achieve their full potential in their education and develop their social communication.
The broad curriculum allows pupils to pursue both academic and vocational paths allowing individuals to strive in their areas of strength.
Avon Park School is dedicated to providing:
* The highest quality outcomes socially, emotionally and academically through a wide range of personalised opportunities.
* Positive, safe and nurturing environments where pupils are valued as individuals and can develop their confidence, self-esteem, independence, self-discipline and respect.
* Strong links between home, school and the wider community in order to support pupils’ learning and enable them to develop skills that will benefit them both during and after their time at Avon Park School
Below are just some of the key features that pupils can experience at Avon Park School:
* Comprehensive onsite therapeutic support which is integrated into the
curriculum and school life as a whole and supported by Witherslack Group’s
* A unique and personalised curriculum model which aims to improve self-
esteem, motivation and achievement, engage pupils in their learning and
develop skills for adult life.
* Ongoing assessment and progression monitoring to ensure all young people
make at least expected progress and are working to realise their full potential.
* A dynamic approach to the use of technology with all young people being
provided with an iPad to support their learning.
* Small class sizes of no more than 8 pupils with high teacher to pupil ratios.
- Education, learning and employment