Children’s Support Service
We work with Children and Young people up to the age of 19 who live or attend school in the Blaby District area and who have been affected by domestic abuse, substance misuse or anti-social behaviour. In order for us to become involved, the children/ young people should not still be living with the perpetrator in terms of domestic abuse, nor should there be ongoing child protection issues that are unaddressed.
We offer one to one support in schools or other neutral venues and we also run feeling safe groups (specifically around domestic abuse) in the council offices in Narborough.
Our work is around:
- Listening & understanding the child’s perspective
- Being an advocate and help their voice to be heard.
- Emotional wellbeing
- Self worth, self esteem & confidence
- Understanding negative & positive behaviour
- Coping mechanisms
- Working with the parent to put plans in place
- Multi agency working to maximise support for family
Referral is required
If you are a parent or a professional and more information or to access the service, please contact:
Telephone: 0116 272 7734 Fax: 0116 272 7602
- Health and wellbeing