Supporting Leicestershire Families (SLF), is an partnership initiative working with both county and district councils, the police, NHS and other agencies working together to improve support for the most vulnerable families across the county.
Working across all Leicestershire locality areas; SLF has a core offer of support including:
• Feeling safe - a group for children who have witnessed or experienced domestic abuse
• Coping with Friends and Family relationships - understanding relationships
• Managing Anger
• Horizons - Resilience and Confidence building
• Understanding Anxiety
• Safer Relationships - looks at healthy relationships, delay, Safer sex
• What’s the risk? - looks at Drugs, alcohol, personal safety and internet safety
• Protective behaviours – bounce back – building resilience for everyday life
• Practical Parenting - practical behaviour support and advice
• Freedom Programme- for women who have experienced domestic abuse
• Solihull - parenting program
Please note: Groups are subject to change and they do not all run at the same time.
The programme is targeted and delivery will depend on the needs of those who are referred
In addition to our core offer Supporting Leicestershire Families also run other groups that meet the community’s needs, these groups are subject to change and are developed according to needs of the localities community; types of groups have included:
• Internet safety
• Family communication
• Monthly work shops
• Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Groups to support community cohesion
In addition to the above, Oadby & Wigston, Blaby and Harborough localities, also run targeted (invite only) Youth groups aimed to support Young People with Special Education Needs or Disabilities (SEND), a Parent support and also for Young Carers Group.
To make a referral contact Early Help First Response Children’s Duty team on 0116 305 0005
- Clubs and groups, Health and wellbeing
- Blaby, Harborough, Oadby and Wigston