Skip to main content

School transport for 16 to 19 year olds

Your child may be able to get a school travel pass or taxi place to go to sixth form or college. You may have to pay for it.

On a low income

You may be entitled to a fixed grant if your child meets the eligibility criteria and you get one of the following benefits:

How to apply

Post 16 students have to apply each academic year for the fixed grant

Apply for school or college transport

Apply online

Choose ‘yes’ for the question ‘Are you applying for the grant under low income’. We will assess your eligibility and will contact you separately to obtain evidence of your low income entitlement.

Applications for 2018/19

If you are applying for transport assistance for the current academic year 2018/19 you may not have to pay for your child’s transport to sixth form or college if your child meets the eligibility criteria and you get:

How to apply

If you wish to apply for transport for the remainder of the 2018/2019 academic year please contact us on 0116 305 0002.

Further information

For further information, please see the Home to School / College Transport Policy and Statement.

Top of page