If you’re aged 18 or over and live in the county of Leicestershire, you can request a care and support assessment to find out if you have eligible care and support needs. Carers can also request a carer’s assessment of their own support needs.
Eligibility for care
We use national eligibility criteria from the Care Act 2014 to identify whether you have eligible care and support needs when we have completed your care and support assessment.
You may be eligible for care and support from us if:
- You have needs arising from a physical or mental impairment or illness.
- You’re unable to carry out two or more of the activities listed below:
- managing and maintaining nutrition
- maintaining personal hygiene
- managing toilet needs
- being appropriately clothed
- being able to make use of all of your home safely
- maintaining a habitable home environment
- developing and maintaining family or other personal relationships
- accessing and engaging in work, training education or volunteering
- making use of necessary facilities or services in the local community including public transport, recreational facilities or services
- carrying out any caring responsibilities you have for a child
- As a result of not being able to carry out these tasks there is a significant impact on your wellbeing.