Marriages and civil partnerships

Two wedding rings sat next to a cream rose

Find out about giving notice to marry and what to do for booking a wedding

We have 7 registration offices where you can register a birth or death or give notice of a marriage or civil partnership. You can also get copy certificates and find out more about other ceremonies that our Registration Service offers.

Before you can get married or form a civil partnership, you will need to give notice of this intention.

Find out the costs for a notice of marriage or civil partnership and any ceremony fees.

Use the Celebrate in Leicestershire website for all the information you need to plan your wedding or civil ceremony

The implementation date for opposite sex civil partnership has not yet been confirmed, but the regulations must be in force by 31 December 2019.

To hold a marriage or civil partnership ceremony in Leicestershire, a venue must have an approved premises licence, which we issue.