Skip to main content

Coronavirus is still a danger

To help prevent the spread and stay safe you can:
• keep a distance from others
• wear face coverings where required
• wash hands often
• get your vaccine/booster when you’re eligible
• regularly test and self-isolate if required

Further guidance on how to stay safe and prevent the spread

Sign up to Leicestershire Matters for council updates

Report a flood

Find out who to report a flood to and what to do during a flood.

Floodrisk during lockdown: Know what to do

Councils, emergency services and the NHS work together to help people prepare for flooding – and to stay safe.

We advise you:

If you or anyone else is in danger as a result of a flood, call 999

Who to contact to report a flood

Depending on what has caused the flood, you will need to contact different organisations:

Flooding from a watercourse, surface water or groundwater

Contact our Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA) using our flood reporting form.

If you cannot complete the above form, please contact our flood risk management directly at:

Flooding from a blocked highway drain

Contact the Highways Drainage service or report an issue using our Report it form

  • Telephone: 0116 305 0001

Flooding from a river, reservoir or coastal water

Please contact the Environment Agency via:

  • The Environment Agency Floodline, call 0345 988 1188
  • The Environment Agency Incident Hotline, call 0800 80 70 60

Flooding from a public foul sewer, surface water sewer or a water main

Contact your water company: 

Contact details for help or information

  • If there is an immediate risk to life or health, contact the emergency services, call 999.
  • If there is a health emergency or ongoing medical conditions as a result of a flood, contact your local GP or call 999 depending on the severity of your situation.
  • For sandbags and assistance with housing and shelter, contact your district council.
  • Advice on planning for floods and anyone affected by a flooding is available through the Leicestershire Local Resilience Forum (LLR prepared).

Internal drainage boards

The Trent Valley Internal Drainage Board is responsible for providing surface water drainage and maintaining watercourses within their district.

More information on the Trent Valley Internal Drainage Board, including a map of the area they cover, is available on their website

Top of page