Welfare for Ukrainian families

Find support available for family welfare, or report a safeguarding concern.

Family support and safety

  • Leicestershire Family Help Service - support for parents and children that cannot be provided by GPs or schools alone.
  • FreeVa - helpline and support for anyone affected by domestic abuse or sexual violence Helpline: 0808 802 0028
  • Living Without Abuse provide community-based support to men, women and children affected by domestic abuse or sexual violence in Leicester city, Leicestershire and Rutland.
  • Women’s Aid Leicestershire Limited provide support to women and children fleeing domestic abuse and provide vital assistance to all victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
  • Turning Point works with anyone who is affected by drugs or alcohol and wants support to make change.


Find out how to report a concern about the safety or welfare of:

Leaving your current host property

If you feel you need to leave your current host property, because there are safeguarding concerns or because the relationship with your host has broken down, you can tell us online.

Cyber security

Take steps to prevent against the heightened cyber threat. Learn how to stay safe and secure online on the Cyber Aware website.

Emergency housing support

If you need emergency housing outside of normal office hours, call the number for your area:

  • North West Leicestershire District Council – 01530 833373
  • Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council - 01455 251 437
  • Harborough District Council - 01858 828 282
  • Melton Mowbray Borough Council – 01664 502 502
  • Blaby District Council – 0844 736 9545
  • Charnwood Borough Council - 0333 200 8811
  • Oadby and Wigston Borough Council - 0800 083 969

Other useful contacts

Citizens Advice Bureau - advice and support with benefits, immigration, debt and other legal matters. Telephone: 0808 2787854

UKVI Helpline - advice and information about visas:

  • Telephone: +44 808 164 8810
  • Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
  • Calls are free of charge

If you cannot contact UK 0808 numbers, you can use another number instead.

You may have to pay – check with your phone provider if you’re not sure.

  • Telephone: +44 175 390 7510
  • Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm


Leicestershire Homes for Ukraine team - advice and support on welfare, hosting and housing or other matters. HomesforUkraine@leics.gov.uk