Volunteer with us
The Communities and Wellbeing Service has a strong tradition of involving volunteers and we pride ourselves on providing unique and varied opportunities.
Whilst volunteering with us, you can expect:
- roles which are well thought out, with a clear role description, so that you understand your responsibilities and what is expected of you
- an induction and training, so that you can successfully fulfil your role
- ongoing support from a staff member who has been identified as the Volunteer Manager
- recognition for the time and skills you dedicate to the service and the local community
- reimbursement of travel expenses
- recognition of personal motivations and goals for volunteering and support to achieve this
From gardening volunteers who create an experience for the senses, to research volunteers who support the creation of our temporary exhibitions, to house interpreters who provide guided tours. Our heritage and museum volunteers help bring history to life and enhance the visitor experience.
Our roles vary dependent on the site, so please click on the below museum to discover what volunteering opportunities are available:
Melton Carnegie Museum
Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre
1620s House and Gardens at Donington le Heath
Our volunteering roles extend beyond our museum sites into libraries, collections, and community hubs. From community curating and outreach roles, to shared reading groups and the home library service, to digital roles and opportunities for young people.
To find out more about the exciting roles we have available and get inspired by our current volunteers about why they choose to gift their time and skills, please visit the Culture Leicestershire website.