Seven new cadets have been appointed by the Lord-Lieutenant of Leicestershire, Mike Kapur OBE, to support him in his duties over the coming year.
The Lord-Lieutenant’s Cadets are chosen from county Cadet Forces representing the Army, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, Combined Cadet Force, Police, Fire Service and St John Ambulance, and serve with Mr Kapur for a year.
Their duties are wide and varied, and can include giving readings at services, helping with the shortlisting for awards, involvement in the annual Armed Forces Day and Armistice services and greeting visiting royals.
The annual cadet changeover ceremony took place in the Council Chamber at County Hall last Wednesday, (25 October) when Mr Kapur thanked the seven outgoing cadets and welcomed the seven who are taking over the role.
At our cadet changeover ceremony in October, we celebrate the achievements of the outgoing cadets, and welcome a new group of exceptional young people to take over the role. Every year, I am astounded by the many organisations our young people are involved with, and the values they exemplify.
The manner in which the cadets chosen to support me carry out their duties is a credit to both themselves and their units. This year, I have seven young people supporting my role as Lord-Lieutenant, continuing this tradition of excellence.
It is important that we recognise the incredibly talented young people from across our county. Often, the achievements of young people are overlooked or undervalued in our society, but in my role as Lord-Lieutenant, I often get to see the best of what our youth can offer for the future of our city, county and country.
Person:Mike Kapur OBE, Lord-Lieutenant of Leicestershire
The incoming cadets who will support Mr Kapur during the next 12 months are:
- Combined Cadet Force – Cadet Corporal Joe Bird
- Army – Cadet Corporal Carys Thompson
- Sea - Able Cadet Lily-Lea Jacques
- Air – Cadet Flight Sergeant Wilf Burrows
- Police – Cadet Connor Martin
- Fire - Cadet Fraser Tilley
- St John Ambulance - Cadet Corporal Julia Kociemba
The outgoing cadets are:
- Combined Cadet Force – Cadet Warrant Officer Yan Chak Lui
- Army – Cadet Sergeant Simrun Dhugga
- Sea - Able Cadet Lillie Goodson
- Air – Cadet Warrant Officer Morgan McCaffrey
- Police – Cadet Keira Akiens
- Fire - Cadet Holly Bemrose
- St John Ambulance - Cadet Imogen Wightman