Cancel a school bus pass or taxi place

To cancel your school bus pass or season ticket you must return it. If you have paid towards your transport we will give you a refund if you are due one. You’ll also need to contact us to cancel your child’s place in a taxi and get any refund due.

Returning your pass

If you were issued a bus pass or season ticket you should send it back by ‘Royal Mail Signed For’ delivery (which used to be known as recorded delivery). You must send a covering letter, telling us that you want to cancel the pass and why, to: 

Transport Assessments
Transport Operations
Leicestershire County Council
County Hall

Seat on a primary bus or a taxi place 

You must tell us as soon as possible if your child no longer needs a place in a taxi (mainstream or SEND) or a seat on a primary school bus. You can telephone, email us or write to us. If you have paid for your transport we will refund you from the date you telephone us or we receive your email or letter.


Any refund due will date from the day we receive your pass. After the end of February refunds will only be given in accordance with your statutory rights. 

Refunds are only given to SEND Post 16 students and nursery children.

Stopping monthly payments - Post 16 and nursery students

If you’re paying for your bus pass or school transport in monthly instalments, we will stop the payments once we receive your pass (or confirmation that you have stopped using the taxi). If you cancel the payments with your bank but don’t send back the pass, you’ll still be responsible for the full cost of the bus pass. We will write to you to ask for payment. 

Indicates required field
Was this page helpful? In general I am:

We may want to get in touch with you to gather more detailed feedback about your experience of our 'School transport' webpages.

If you're happy for us to do this, please provide your email:

We'll only use your email to contact you about the feedback.