Being healthy and happy
We want you to be in the best possible health, both physically and mentally.
If you need help accessing any of the services below, please speak to your personal advisor:
- If you want information about sexual health, relationships and contraception, you can get advice from Leicester Sexual health. As well as drop in clinics they can provide access to online testing kits and free emergency contraception.
- The Leicester Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Centre offers support groups for the LGBT community, groups and a drop-in service.
- If you want to stop drinking alcohol, drug taking or smoking? Leicestershire Turning Point is an integrated substance misuse service who offers a variety of treatment options for drug and alcohol use.
QuitReady offer a tailored support programme for anyone who is ready to stop smoking.
- Kooth online counselling is a free online counselling service for young people up to the age of 18
- If you need someone to advocate for you because of you mental health, Let’s Talk About Mental Health (LAMP) can help. They also run community events to raise awareness of mental health issues.
- If you’re a young first time parents who needs some extra help, Early Start is an early intervention service. They work with parents who for example are homeless, have learning difficulties, mental health issues or problems with substance misuse.
- If you’re in an abusive, violent or controlling relationship, United Against Violence and Abuse (UAVA) offer a text and advice line. They can also offer 1:1 help and work with both men and women victims.
- Women’s Aid offer a range of support services for women victims of domestic abuse, such as temporary refuge accommodation, 1:1 support and specialised housing.