Goldhill Adventure Playground is a registered charity run by a voluntary management committee. We have been providing a free service to children and young people for over 35 years. We have over 2000 children and young people aged 5-19 years old registered with us and currently have 145 registered users with various special needs/disabilities. We are currently one of the largest inclusion groups in Leicester City, and have strong links with social worker teams, special schools, respite/children's homes, youth offending teams, S.E.N.C.O.s, and Diana nurses from around the city/county. We are registered with OFSTED and achieved "Good".
Age range: 5-19 years
• Up to 300 users at each session, with around 20+ children with additional needs.
• The provision is all fully inclusive and all children are together across the site, however they split to take part in the various activities.
• The site is fully accessible for wheelchairs. We have a wheelchair roundabout, a wheelchair accessible trampoline, a wheelchair accessibly sandpit table, wheelchair accessible picnic benches and a sensory room. There are concrete paths around the site, ramps onto one play structure, a lift, and a personal care room with hoist.
• A quiet area can be provided
• 1-1 support can be provided if funding is available
We have experience with supporting children with the following additional needs: ASD, ADHD, Physical Disability, Sensory needs, Health needs (unable to support tube feeding needs), Social, Emotional and behavioural Difficulties, Learning Disability, Epilepsy (Training for giving emergency epilepsy medication will need to be arranged with the Diana service), Speech and language and Communication Needs, Visual Impairment, Hearing Impairment, Mental Health Needs
Staff have received training in:
• Positive Behaviour Management
• Makaton / BSL
- Advice and support, Clubs and groups, Community inclusion and day services, Education, learning and employment, Inclusive activities, Leisure and recreation, Outdoor activities, Playscheme or holiday club, Respite and short breaks, Soft/indoor play