Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Everything we do is about valuing and supporting chilren, young people and adults with a learning disability as well as their families and carers. We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose.
Our work includes:
•providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
•providing advice through our helpline and website
•campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want.
Our Free Learning Disability Helpline
Our advisors can offer you advice and information about learning disability and help you find the right support and services in your area. We are available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday on 0808 808 1111 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find out lots of information on our website
We recognise that learning disability is a complicated subject, and trying to find the right advice for you can be hard sometimes.
On our website We've split our advice and information into different topics we get asked about a lot for example:
- Education support
- Relationships and sex
- Profound and Multiple Learning Disability (PMLD)
- The Mental Capacity Act
- Displaying Challenging Behaviour
- Bullying and Safeguarding
- Benefits, Wills and Trusts
Our FamilyHub is our brand new online community for parents and family carers of people with a learning disability. Take a look around, have a nosey and start a discussion.
- Advice and support, Day care and day services, Health and wellbeing, Supported accommodation and care homes
- Blaby, Charnwood, Derbyshire, Harborough, Hinckley and Bosworth, Leicester, Lincolnshire, Melton, North West Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Oadby and Wigston, Rutland, Staffordshire, Warwickshire