Founded in 1989 by the late Mr David Clarke, we are a registered charity located near Markfield less than 10 miles from Leicester, on the edge of Charnwood Forest. We support the elderly, adults with disabilities and young people through wellbeing activities, outdoor education and inspiring support services.
Our welcoming and fully inclusive activities and support groups are held either at our main Ulverscroft Grange location or our activtiy cenre at Ulverscroft Manor and include:
- Stepping Stones Mental drop in health recovery group
- Health and Wellbeing Support drop in with optional activities
- Health condition support groups (Lipoedema, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia and MS)
- Health and Wellbeing guided walks
- Men only groups
- Singing for fun and wellbeing
- Arts and crafts
- Seated exercise, gentle yoga and mindfulness, meditation and relaxation
- Mobility aid loan scheme
- Support and advice eg befriending schemes
- Tea room
- Group visits and lunches can be arranged by pre booking
Some sessions are free and some are chargeable and may need to be pre-booked. Please check our website http://www.shuttlewood-clarke.org/ under the What’s On tab for an up to date timetable. Or, you can just email us or give us a call.
- Advice and support, Aids, adaptations and equipment, Counselling, Education, learning and employment, Health and wellbeing, Leisure and recreation, Transport and mobility