Using your bus pass
You can use your pass at off-peak times for free travel:
- Monday to Friday: 9.30am - 11pm
- Weekends: All day
- Bank holidays
Leicester Park & Ride services
There is a reduced fare for concessionary pass holders in accordance with the standard time constraints of their pass, on the days the services are running. See www.leicesterparkandride.co.uk for details of concessionary fares, route information and timetables.
Who can apply
You can apply for a disabled person's bus pass if you live in Leicestershire and you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You're blind or partially sighted
- You're profoundly or severely deaf
- You're without speech or have severe communication difficulty
- You've a permanent severe walking difficulty
- You're without the use of both arms
- You've a learning disability which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning
- You're likely to be refused a driving licence for medical reasons
Please note: the diagnosis of a particular condition is not normally sufficient to demonstrate eligibility; further information will be required as to how severely the condition impacts on your ability to walk or travel by bus.
See more information on each criteria
You may automatically qualify for a disabled person's bus pass if you receive any of these benefits:
- Higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for being unable to walk more than 50 metres or being unable to communicate without help
- War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) award
- Blue Badge (Disabled Person’s Parking Permit) issued by Leicestershire county council prior to 30 August 2019
- Some Blue Badges (Disabled Person’s Parking Permits) issued by Leicestershire county council on/after to 30 August 2019 (see below).
The Blue Badge criteria has been extended from 30 August 2019 to include some people with certain hidden disabilities. Parts of the new criteria do not prove entitlement for a Disabled concessionary pass and therefore we will continue to accept Blue Badges issued under one of the following categories only:
- walking disability
- disability in both arms
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement or
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
People with Blue Badges issued under PIP or Hidden disabilities may still be eligible but will need to complete the other sections of the application form.
You need to be receiving these benefits for at least 12 months and you need to provide your award letter as proof of receiving these benefits.
Leicester City resident
If you live in Leicester you will need to apply for a concessionary travel pass from Leicester City Council
Please complete the application form and return it along with a photograph and evidence of your disability as listed on the application form to:
Disabled Persons Travel Scheme
If your application has been refused you are able to request a review. This will be carried out by someone who was independent of the original decision. You will need to contact us in writing within 28 days of receiving the refusal letter, detailing the reasons that you believe that you are eligible for a disabled concessionary pass. You may include further supporting information/medical evidence.
Please note: applications are assessed according to the impact that your condition or disability has on your ability to make bus journeys, as detailed in the criteria laid down by government and that having a diagnosis is not normally sufficient to prove eligibility.
Replace a lost or stolen disabled person's bus pass
Please call us on 0116 305 0002 (Monday - Thursday, 8.30am – 5pm, Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm).
Renewing a bus pass
For most categories of disability, we'll renew it automatically and send your new one in the post at least 3 weeks before your current one runs out.
If you have a disabled person’s bus pass on the grounds of severe walking disability or because you're likely to be refused a driving licence on medical grounds, you will need to re-apply for your pass and we'll send you an application form at least 4 weeks before the expiry date.
Changes to personal details
Please tell customer services of any changes to your name or address using our online form
If you’re telling us about a change of name you’ll need to upload a copy of an official document, such as a marriage certificate, as proof of your new name.
If your address has changed, you’ll need to upload a copy of a utility or council tax bill as proof of your new address.
BSL video: Getting a bus pass
British Sign Language video telling you how to get, renew and use a disabled bus pass if you live in Leicestershire (duration 2:33).