Skip to main content

Older person's bus pass

You can apply for an older person's bus pass for free travel on the bus anywhere in England during off-peak times.

Check if you are eligible before applying. You must be at least the female state pension age, it doesn't matter if you're male or female.

Use GOV.UK's state pension age calculator

Apply online

You’ll need to upload:

  1. A passport style photo

Your photo must be:

  • Taken against a light background
  • In colour, not black and white
  • Focussed on your face and not contain any background objects

You must:

  • Make sure your hair doesn’t cover your eyes
  • Remove tinted glasses or sunglasses if possible

If your photo doesn’t meet this standard it will delay your application.

  1. Identification

You won’t need to upload an identification document if you choose to use our online validation system supplied by Call Credit, it's only used for the purpose of the application process. Alternatively you can upload an identification document 

The identification document must show your name and date of birth. We accept:

  • Passport
  • Driving licence
  • Birth certificate
  • NHS medical card

Apply online

We aim to process online applications within 5 working days.

How to use your pass

You can use your pass at off-peak times for free travel

  • Monday to Friday: 9.30am - 11pm
  • Weekends: All day
  • Bank holidays

Leicester Park & Ride services

There is a reduced fare for concessionary pass holders in accordance with the standard time constraints of their pass, on the days the services are running. See for details of concessionary fares, route information and timetables.

Renewing an older persons bus pass

  • You won't need to renew your bus pass

We'll renew it automatically and send your new one in the post at least 3 weeks before your current pass runs out.

Changes to personal details

Please tell us about any changes to your name or address using our online form

If you’re telling us about a change of name you’ll need to upload a copy of an official document, such as a marriage certificate, as proof of your new name.

If your address has changed, you’ll need to upload a copy of a utility or council tax bill as proof of your new address.

Help us improve this page Hide content
Top of page