Skip to main content
Person on the phone and looking at a laptop

What to do if you feel that you’ve not received the standard of service or decision that you expect and how to appeal.

  • Disagree with a special educational needs decision 

    You can appeal to a tribunal or make a complaint if you’re unhappy with your child’s Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan or if you disagree with our decision not to assess your child or give them an EHC Plan. There are organisations that can help you if you’re not happy with other arrangements for your child’s special educational needs or disability.

  • Complain about children's social care 

    Contact us if you want to complain about the care of a child, adoption services, care and supervision orders or special guardianship support services.

  • Complain about a school 

    What to do if you want to complain about a school.

  • Independent advice for special educational needs and disability (SEND) 

    You can get advice, information and someone to speak for you if you’re having difficulties with getting your child the help and care that they need. The organisations that offer advice and someone to speak for you are independent of Leicestershire County Council, schools and the health service.

Top of page