Skip to main content

Our response to the coronavirus outbreak is continuing – and our focus is on keeping critical services running, particularly those supporting vulnerable people.

We are currently working through the detail of the latest government announcements which affect Leicester city and parts of the county. 

Find out more about the support and guidance available, and any changes to our services.

Increased restrictions for Leicester and parts of Leicestershire  

Person on the phone and looking at a laptop

What to do if you feel that you’ve not received the standard of service or decision that you expect and how to appeal.

Local Offer annual report
  • Give feedback on the Local Offer 

    Tell us what you think of the Leicestershire Local Offer and your experience of services and facilities for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

  • You said, we did 

    Find feedback about the Leicestershire Local Offer from parents and people who care for and work with children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Also find out what we have done in response.

  • Register or suggest a service 

    Register or suggest a service or group not already included in our directory of services.

  • Disagree with a special educational needs decision 

    You can appeal to a tribunal or make a complaint if you’re unhappy with your child’s Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan or if you disagree with our decision not to assess your child or give them an EHC Plan. As of 3 April 2018 a two year national trial begins to extend the power of the special educational needs and disability (SEND) tribunal.

  • Complain about children's social care 

    Contact us if you want to complain about the care of a child, adoption services, care and supervision orders or special guardianship support services.

  • Complain about a school 

    What to do if you want to complain about a school.

  • Independent advice for special educational needs and disability (SEND) 

    You can get advice, information and someone to speak for you if you’re having difficulties with getting your child the help and care that they need. The organisations that offer advice and someone to speak for you are independent of Leicestershire County Council, schools and the health service.

Top of page