A week-long series of events will be held across Leicestershire to encourage residents to take part in community action tackling climate change and protecting nature.
Leicestershire County Council and the seven district councils will officially be supporting Great Big Green Week, a nationwide campaign taking place from Saturday 24 September to Sunday 2 October.
A number of community-led events and activities will also take place during the week, including:
- Displays and reading challenges at more than 50 of Leicestershire’s libraries
- Community litter picks in Hinckley and Bosworth
- Big Green Week exhibition at Coalville CAN HQ, starting 20 September
- Charnwood Sustainability Fair on 24 September
- Sustainable Harborough Community event at EcoVillage on 24 September
- Tree giveaway and tree planting at Fosse Park on 28 September
Great Big Green Week is an excellent way for residents to get involved and learn how they can make planet-friendly changes to create a cleaner, greener Leicestershire.
Everyone can do something to help us on the road to becoming a net zero county and collectively, we can make a big difference.Person:Councillor Blake Pain, cabinet member for the environment and the green agenda
All of this year’s events can be found on the Great Big Green Week website and the county council will be sharing tips on its social media channels about how residents can be more environmentally friendly.