Find out why Leicestershire county council are the first choice for fostering.
If you foster with us you’ll be part of Leicestershire county council’s fostering family with access to all of the services and support that we offer:
- Regular placements - meaning payments and allowances that you can rely on.
- Your own, dedicated supporting social worker, who will regularly be in touch and available to support you.
- To be supported by an experienced and knowledgeable team 365 days a year who will work closely with you and each other to look after our children in care.
- Local fostering training venues with dedicated training officers, so you don’t have to travel long distances to a regional office in another county.
- Local support groups, run by our foster carers based all around the county, meaning that there’s always someone close by.
- Our virtual school and dedicated placement support team who will support you and our children in care.
- A monthly newsletter
- Regular events for our fostering families, birth children and children in care, including craft days, picnics and celebration evenings for your family to attend and meet other foster carers.
- A gift voucher reward scheme for our carers who refer someone to foster with us.
- Opportunities to take part in our recruitment activities and events.
Recently I was asked what I am most proud of in my life, and straight away my answer was ‘being a foster carer’.Person:Janet, Ashby de la Zouch
Even if it's early days and you’re in the process of deciding whether being a foster care is right for you, our team are here to answer the questions that you’ve wanted to ask. You can use the form below or give us a call.
If you’re already fostering with another agency, find out about transferring from another fostering agency.
We’d love to hear from you.