We provide social groups for children (fom 4+) young people and adults with learning disabilities.
We deliver a range of activities aimed to support inclusion in the local community.
Here is a selection of what we offer on a weekly basis:
- Gardening Club (Adults 18+) - 10.00 to 2.00 pm – at MENCAP CENTRE
- Swimming Club (Age 14 upwards) - 6.40 to 8.30 pm (7.00 to 8.00 pm in pool) – at WATERFIELD LEISURE CENTRE
- Cookery Club (Adults) - 12.00 to 4.00 pm – at THE VENUE PHOENIX HOUSE
- Gateway Club (Adults 19+) – ‘Out and About’ Social and Leisure Group - 7.00 to 9.00 pm
- Gateway Club (Adults 19+) – Social and Leisure Evening - 7.00 to 9.00 pm - at MENCAP CENTRE
- After School Club (14 to 18 years) - Relaxing fun for friends to have dinner together - 3.30 to 6.30 pm – at MENCAP CENTRE
- Youth Group (14 to 18 years) - 6.30 to 8.30 pm at MENCAP CENTRE
- Move it & Groove it (Adults& Young People) Friends & Family - 10.30 to 11.15 am – at MENCAP CENTRE
- Gateway Club (19 to 40 years) – ‘Out and About’ Social and Leisure Group - 8.00 to 10.00 pm
- Journey Nights (19 to 25 years) - Social & Leisure Club for Young People - 8.00 to 10 pm – at MENCAP CENTRE
- Fun & Friendship (4 to 9 years) - Fun for Children - 10.00 to 12 noon – at MENCAP CENTRE Alternate Saturdays
- Funsters (9 to 13 years) - Fun for Children - 9.30 to 2.30 pm– at MENCAP CENTRE Alternate Saturdays
- Youth Club (13 to 18 years) – ‘Out and About’ Social and Leisure Group for young people - 10.00 to 4.00 pm – First Saturday of month
- Miracles Club (Age up to 19 years) - 10.00 to 1.00 pm – at BIRCHWOOD SCHOOL – Third Saturday of month
We also run a summer playscheme for children - usually first 2-3 of summer holidays.
Costs for services apply
If you would like any more information or would like to go on our mailing list please let the office know
We provide support and information for parents and provide groups to support parents/carers which meet on a regular basis.
Personal support - which can be self funded or through social service budget
- Advice and support, Arts and crafts, Clubs and groups, Day care and day services, Inclusive activities, Leisure and recreation, Playscheme or holiday club, Respite and short breaks, Soft/indoor play