Waste site updates
Check our website for your intended waste site before setting off, for the latest information. We're continuing to experience high demand, particularly from 11am to 4pm.
Upcoming changes to 2021 opening hours:
Until 30 September: current opening hours 9am to 6pm remain
1-31 October: 9am to 5pm
1 November to 31 March 2022: 9am to 4pm
Shepshed and Somerby waste sites are closed until further notice. Bottesford waste site will remain closed for essential maintenance work, starting mid-September to last around 12 weeks. The Whetstone waste site is open Thursday to Monday (closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays).
Kibworth site is due to close on Monday 1 November for redevelopment work.
We’re doing everything we can to recruit operatives and HGV drivers. If you are interested in these roles and want to join a friendly team, please apply here.
We apologise for any inconvenience or delays this may cause and thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Vans, pick-ups and cars with trailers, and any vehicle bringing asbestos, chemicals or liquid paint, must have a Waste Permit.
- Maximum of two adults per vehicle, suitable footwear and gloves should be worn to assist in safe handling of your waste. Please ensure you can unload your waste yourself as unfortunately at present no physical assistance can be given by site staff
- Vehicles are allowed access to the site up to 5 minutes before closing time (at peaks times this may be increased)
- All vehicles must be off-site by closing time
- Pedestrian access is not permitted at this site
- All waste legally deposited at this site becomes the property of the County Council
- Waste site terms and conditions and site rules
There is a charge to dispose of some types of non-household waste.
You can only pay using a credit or debit card, contactless when possible. Cash or cheques will not be accepted.
|Batteries||Hardcore and soil (Charges apply)|
|Bric a brac||Low energy bulbs|
|Car batteries||Mobile phones|
|Cardboard||Non-recyclable household waste|
(black bags, carpets, mattresses etc.)
|Chipboard||Plasterboard** (Charges apply)|
|Clothes||Plastic bottles, tubs, pots and trays|
|Cooking oil||Scrap metal|
|Flat glass (Charges apply)||Shoes|
|Fluorescent tubes||Small appliances|
|Food tins and drink cans||TV and monitors|
|Fridges and freezers||Used engine oil|
|Garden waste*||White goods (large domestic appliances)|
*Please note: any branches or tree trunks must be smaller or cut down to less than 15cm wide and 1 metre in length.
**Note: We can only accept plasterboard for recycling if all fixtures and fittings, such as tiles or woodwork, have been separated from the plasterboard first. We cannot accept demolition waste that contains plasterboard mixed with other materials such as tiles and bricks.
- Please remove all confidential data from your PC, laptop, phone or tablet before you dispose of it.
- You must remove confidential material from your general waste and ensure that it is disposed of correctly.
This site does not accept:
- Ammunition such as Second World War shells, explosive caps, and ammunition for guns and shotguns
- Business waste
- Car parts
- Clinical waste / needles / sharps
- Construction wood such as railway sleepers, telegraph poles and wood treated with creosote
- COVID-19 contaminated material (or suspected) unless it is double bagged and has been kept for at least 72 hours before depositing it on site
- Paint (liquid)
For more information see How do I dispose of...