WHM Work Connections provides person centred support for adults with disabilities to increase independence, develop valuable life and work skills and to pursue work opportunities. With a focus on skill development, we work with individuals to develop new and existing skills in exciting and varied work-based activities. We have two purpose-built skills centres based on working dairy and arable farms.
- Greenfields Skills Centre, Hawley Fields Farm, 60 Green Lane, Seagrave, Leicestershire. LE12 7LU
- Fairfields Skills Centre, Homestead Farm, 1447 Melton Road, Queniborough, Leicestershire. LE7 3FPT
These are just some of the opportunities for you to develop your skills:
- Animal care, (horses, cows, goats, pigs, ducks, dhickens, rabbits, chinchillas - to name a few!)
- Community projects
- Computer skills
- Daily living and work skills
- Mechanics and vehicle maintenance
- Rural arts and crafts
This is just a small selection of what we can offer as we continually monitor and develop our service in line with the wishes and needs of those who we support.
We offer City and Guilds qualifications, and work with partners in education to develop college courses that complement skills development.
At WHM, we can provide all the support required for adults with learning disabilities to find and successfully sustain employment. This includes job searching, applications, interviews, liaising with employers and support within the job role.
- Day care and day services, Education, learning and employment