Leicestershire County Council abides by the principles of the Data Protection Act.
Making a request
You can submit a request for information using our online form.
We will need proof of your identity and residence before we can release any information. The form allows you to upload electronic copies of the following documents.
- Current signed passport
- Current driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Adoption certificate
Proof of residence at your current address:
- Gas, electric or water bill from the preceding 6 months
- BT/cable fixed line telephone bill from the preceding 6 months
- Council tax statement from the current year
- Bank or building society statement from the preceding 6 months
Acting on behalf of someone else
If you are requesting information on behalf of someone else we will also need proof that you have authority to act on their behalf.
- We will normally respond to you within 1 month of receiving your request
- We will contact you if there are any details we need to confirm
- We might need to ask for further proof of identity, or entitlement to receive the information
- We will either provide the information requested or explain why there is a delay
- We will try to process requests as quickly as we can. Where complex files are involved it might take us up to a further two months to complete, but we will tell you if this is the case.
You’re not entitled to see other people’s information unless they have given permission for you to do so.
If you have any concerns about how we have handled your request you should write giving details.
It may be that we can answer your query, but if you feel an internal review is needed you can ask for us to do one.