Make an enquiry about your data or lodge a complaint about it

You may request to see a copy of the personal information we hold about you.

The law also provides you with other rights regarding your information including:

  • correction of inaccurate data
  • objections to processing
  • in some cases getting your information deleted

If you're unhappy with the way your data is being handled or if you need to contact our Data Protection Officer:

If you're not satisfied with any response you receive from us based on a complaint or concern about your personal information, you have the option of contacting the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) to take that complaint further. The ICO does like to see that you've raised a complaint with the council first and received a response before contacting them. If you wish to contact them their details are:


Please note: the ICO Office is closed due to the coronavirus emergency and are unable to accept post. You can contact them via their contact us page.