Leicestershire Shared Lives Service
Leicestershire Shared Lives Service is different to anything else offered in the Adult Social Care sector. Our carers provide person-centred services, tailored around the needs of their clients. Services are also provided in the carer's home or in the community, therefore delivering a more natural and real-life experience.
We are looking for carers who want to help our clients to live life to the full. Carers must live in Leicestershire (not Leicester City), you could be tenants or homeowners, part of a family, single or living with pets – whatever your situation, we would like to hear from you!
As a Shared Lives Carer, you will be self-employed. We will send you referrals of clients which you can choose to accept or decline as you wish.
Shared Lives Leicestershire have a number of positions available:
- Day Service Carers - provide activities for 3 or 6 hours at a time
- Short Break Carers - provide overnight accommodation to give full-time carers a break
- Longer Term Carers - provide a home for adults with care and support needs
Shared Lives Service offers carers:
- excellent pay (dependant on number of clients and services offered)
- generous tax breaks (£10,000 tax-free allowance)
- flexible working options
- access to Blue Light and More4Leics discount schemes
- training (online and in person)
- 24-hour support from professionals, Shared Lives Plus and Shared Lives Carers in Leicestershire.
Please contact us for more information or to apply for one of our positions through the forms provided.
Find more information about Shared Lives in other areas around the UK
Frequently asked questions
Apply to become a Shared Lives Carer
This online application form asks you about your education, qualifications and employment experience - please have this information ready before you begin.
Enquire about Shared Lives
If you still want further information or to discuss before you apply, please call us or submit the enquiry form below: